Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 3 August 25, 2008


Today was an uneventful travel day. We traveled 192 miles today and I drove 83 miles with some mountain passes and twisty roads. I prefer the straight away but this was very good experience. The desert is pretty and did not realize how many colors and greenbelts that can be found in this area. We had lunch in a little town in Delta Utah.
Below is a picture of my first mountain pass that I drove, was not expecting it but again great experience, just slow down and take those curves slowly.


Below is a picture of what I thought was a lake in the middle of the desert, it really looked like a nice waterway but was just sand. Very deceiving.

Tomorrow we will drive to Moab and stay until the 31st and will meet up with the rest of our group. There are three rigs behind us by a day and another couple not able to catch up with us until the weekend...

No comments: