Saturday, February 7, 2009

Contessa and the Orphan

February 7, 2009


We are making progress, today we hooked up the Orphan and checked the lights and connections. We did not take it for a test drive because now we are getting another hitch thing so we can take the bikes. I am getting excited and think we will be on the road in about three weeks!!!! First stop, Orange Grove, is there any other place? We are planning on staying in Indio for about two weeks then either head for Arizona or Chula Vista.



Contessa and the Orphan







We ordered new bikes last year and was to get smaller tires for my bike since I am vertically challenged. The fella in Santa Cruz where we purchased the bikes was to bring the tires and other items up after our Mount Rushmore trip. Several calls were made and ignored and I finally got a hold of him today. He claims he shipped the items and I insisted they be delivered ASAP. He said he would deliver them Monday evening or Tuesday since he does reside in Jackson. I sure hope this guy comes through and we don't have to take legal action. Seems it is difficult to trust merchants these days.



We hope to meet up with some of our travelers from Amador County. I will make some calls as soon as we know the plans in cement rather than jello.

Until next time........

No comments: