Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Furbabies

February 7, 2009

As we travel I adopt the dogs and even sometimes cats that travel with us on the road. When we leave, the three kitties we have at home are very well taken care of by a good friend who takes care of our place. We have Dufus, Louie and Floozie. All I can say is I am thankful Ed never had kids of his own, no telling what they would be called. Dufus is the oldest and we got her and Ufus (since passed) from the grandkids who were hysterical that mommy and daddy were sending the kittens to the pound. They know a softie when they see one. Louie we acquired from a neighbor in Elk Grove, he was the last one left so here ya see a pattern? SOFTIE? Louie was pretty cool, he would even go in the pool with us and was such a loving little devil until I took him to the vet for "the big operation" Good Grief, ever since then and that has been about seven years, I cannot catch the little devil anymore. I mean come on, it has been seven years so get over it!!! I did catch him when he was injured last month and got him to the vet, he even stayed in the house for a week and he is like a baby once you catch him, lays in your arms... but as soon as he hits the great outdoors.. he is gone in a flash. Then I got the bright idea that we needed a couple of barn kitties, the ones that hunt and keep creatures away from the house, the ones you don't get attached too? Yeah right... we picked up Orkle and Floozie... again Ed named the cats, just before a month long trip to Oregon, turns out they are the friendliest kitties we ever had and so sweet. What do we do? Can't leave the cats after a week and take off for a month. They both went to the Jackson Pet Bed and Breakfast Resort. Barn kitties? Pet Resort? Oh well... Orkle passed away last May, not sure why but we do miss the little guy. I am sure ya'll are just so thrilled about reading this stuff but I need to keep the blog up with something!!! So that is the story of my three spoiled kitties, they do live outside but they do have a cat castle and in the winter when it is really cold, a heat lamp... Oh the life........


Dufus

Floozie



Louie

What they do best!

1 comment:

Nyt said...

Love the kitties... next family journey to the Great Southwest will be around Easter...let me know if you'll be around (and by around I mean day's drive or so) and we'll get together...