Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Long Day Home March 21, 2009

We left Indio about 7:15 am and the smartcar was full, some of my clothes, two laptops, two camera bags, a canvas bag with miscellaneous stuff, Ed's briefcase and a small ice chest. It took 11.5 hours to get home but we did stop quite often. Ed's back was bothering him and my leg was bothering me so what a pair we were. We split the driving so it was not too bad. Actually the car is comfy and a bit cozy. I would find myself between two semi's and that was a little intimidating so would pass. The car did surprise me, I would be going 70 mph without a problem. Ed drove the speed limit. When we got home Ed did open the house for me before jumping on the tractor, both lawns were cut, the last part just about in the dark. What a guy!!!! Ed is now washing the car, I think we hit every bug from Indio to Ione.

Everything is fine here at home, the cats are ignoring me but what else is new. RayMona took care of the place and all is well in Ione. It seems strange to have the pellet stove on today, two days ago we were sitting by the pool.

Good to be home, looking forward to going back to the desert in a few weeks... anxious to see my friends here at home... Until next time......

No comments: