Saturday, October 8, 2011

Balloon Festival October 8, 2011

Balloon Festival October 8, 2011

FINALLY!!!! It has been a successful BALLOON DAY!! Ed and I, Carol and Robert, George, Steve, Butch and Betty were up at 5:00 am and on the field by 6:00 am. Talk about chilly; oh boy it was cold out there this morning. I think I had four layers of clothes on, plus gloves and hat. Even Steve showed up in long pants, so you know it had to be cold. The Balloons were suppose to go up at 7:00 am however that did not happen; it was after 8:00 am before they started. It was a long early morning for sure but well worth it. Was quite exciting to see those balloons get ready, some took quite a long time to blow up, there were balloons of every size and shape. Some were very creative. We got back to camp area about 10:00 am. Needless to say the only thing I wanted to do is take a nap.


The afternoon, everyone did their own thing. Unfortunately I had leg cramps so bad I could not go off and see the area. Finally got it settled down and most of the group went to Pizza about 3:30 pm. Since we are scattered here at the RV Parking area it was good to see everyone.

We ventured back to the Balloon field about 5:30. The first order of business was finding a place to sit. I know the standing on concrete in the cold this morning for about four hours did my legs in. We were successful found a place for at least three of us. Bev M. and I kept the benches warm for most of the evening. When the balloons started to light up for the GLOW, Ed and I wandered through the balloons for awhile. I think the entire group was there this evening but once you get into the Balloon area, you better hold on to whoever you are with because it is so crowded. We left the park before the fireworks began, we can see them from our rigs and this way we would not have to stand in a long line for the busses. All in all it was a nice day; we got to see what we all came here to see finally. This is one experience I would recommend to everyone. It is quite spectacular.. I still have to edit the pictures, I think between Ed and I, we have about 300 pictures.

A huge THANK YOU, to Butch and Betty for getting this trip planned and a successful trip. I know it is a lot of work to coordinate all our stops. George and Bev assisted quite a bit and thank you both also. Ed and I had a great time traveling with this group, and hope we have more adventures to come in the future.. Tomorrow we all go in different directions to go home. Some taking side trips, Ed and I will be dropping the RV in Indio for the winter then travel home. Safe travels to you all and see you soon...

Until Next Time......


















More Pictures to come

Awesome Glow night

Wells Fargo Glow

Cute characters Glow






No comments: