Thursday, April 12, 2012

DAY 4 MARBLE FALLS TEXAS

Day 4 Marble Falls Texas



What a difference a few hundred miles make. We left Fort Stockton Texas about 9:30 am going East on I-10. The winds were blowing this morning and we settled in for another 5 or 6 hour drive day. It seems so destitute out there in that Desert without anything is sight for miles, after a while the terrain changed and was getting greener and entering the hill country was such a welcome change. I am getting to like Texas again. We are staying at Sunset Point on Lake LBJ. A very nice resort and we have an amazing spot with a spectacular view of the Lake. Talked to my niece Mimi, she was going to meet us in town and follow us out to the lake however guests for the wedding are arriving at different locations and times so she was on her way to the Austin Airport. We will probably go over to her place tomorrow and was assured we would be put to work. We will probably tour the town a bit in the morning, there was a really cute shopping area coming into town. We drove through Fredricksberg on our way here and it reminded me a bit of Solvang in California. I wish we had more time to spend here, now that we are here. I will be looking and editing pictures tonight and will add to the blog hopefully tomorrow. The internet connection is not all that great here I had a heck of a time getting the first part of this trip on the blog. If not I will add pictures when I get back to Indio, I have a great connection there. Gosh the view I am looking at now outside the window is so spectacular, Ed is taking pictures I hope.


Finally some GREEN getting in the hill country


So until next time…..

No comments: