Saturday, June 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home....

Last night we had dinner at a great restaurant, The Gateway in Three Rivers. www.gateway-sequoia.com .  The setting was beautiful, we sat out on the patio with the river pounding over the rocks, I will post pictures as soon as I find Ed's camera in the Motorhome..  The food was good, many of us split dishes and everything was very tasty, it was a bargain for sure for those that ordered prime rib. What a huge portion.  We got a wee bit worried when a few raindrops fell but it passed quickly.  Did I mention I forgot a jacket? 

After dinner when we returned to the campground, wow, what a difference.  All week we had the place to ourselves and in a few short hours there were more tents and structures going up, kids everywhere and people coming in all night.  We all agreed we were getting out of Dodge in the nick of time...  Ed and I just got to bed when people showed up in the campsite next to us.  From 11:00 PM to about 1:00 AM they set up camp but not very quietly.  I was getting frustrated, almost had words out the window, considered the airhorn and finally they shut up!!!   I really hate inconsiderate people. 

We left about 8:00 AM, stopped for breakfast then again for fuel in Lockford, was home about 2:30 PM.  I had to drive to Rancho Cordova to Fed Ex to pick up a package that was going to be returned the last thing I wanted to do was get in a vehicle.  Ed is out fixing things, he will be in at dark if I am lucky.  All seems well in Amador county.  Hope all our friends had safe travels and for those still on the road, safe travels to you.

Will post more pictures tonight or tomorrow...  Until then...........

No comments: