Sunday, June 6, 2010

Travel Day to Bakersfield

We left the Desert about 9:00 am and it was 90 degrees and rising. We stopped at a little place in the middle of nowhere for breakfast/lunch. Traffic was heavier than usual on the backroads we take and of course when I was driving there had to be a string of cars behind me.  I did get 95 miles in today, only had one act of incompetance like slamming on the brakes too hard,  we had  a bit of a mess in the coach.  oooppss and Ed still let me drive.  We got to Bakersfield RV Resort about 3:00.  What a nice place, great pool which we took advantage of after our walk to Camping World down the street.  They have a full restaurant here and very nice.  We had a great meal and did not have to unhook the tow car and drive somewhere. 

Leaving Motorcoach Country Club

Relaxing tonight and meeting up with the RV group tomorrow.  Safe travels and more to come during the week with our adventures to Sequoia National Park and Kings Canyon.

Dove in planter by the front gate


Bakersfield RV Resort  Our Ssite

Bakersfield RV Resort Swimming Pool

I will be posting on the blog with the RV group this next week.  The campground has iffy at best Internet so hopefully I can blog from the IPAD.  There probably will not be pictures but will post those after I get home.

No comments: