Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 29 September 20, 2008 Arrive in Salem

We drove about 55 miles to Phoenix RV Park in Salem Oregon. This is a real nice park and strange enough there are Monaco, Beaver, Holiday Ramblers, Dynasty coaches all over the park. I have a feeling it is going to be a mass exodus early tomorrow morning for the Fair Grounds. There are already some rigs parked there that could not find RV parks, maybe smart on their move as they will be the first ones in. I did not drive today but will get some more miles on the way home. The rally officially starts on Monday, we are going in a day early in hopes of getting an electric hook up, otherwise we have to rely on the generator for five days and I really an not looking forward to that.

I will not have a connection while at the rally unless we can find a wireless somewhere along the way. I will post about the rally and festivities when I have a connection. I have a friend here in Salem, actually she is the owner of the Casual Chat Forum that I have been involved with for fourteen years and I no doubt will spend some time with her this week. I know I can get online at her place.

Hope everyone is well and those that are still traveling, be safe.. I am getting to the point, I want to go home!! I don't think I could ever be a full timer, I want my house !! Huggs until I can post again!

PS, just got an email from Paula and Leonard and here is where they are now and what is going on with them..

When we left Arnie & Marrilyn on Thurs AM we headed to Ceder City, Ut. Spent the night there for one night. We are now in Las Vegas, got here yesterday. Thank goodness he has a working computer so can let you know our plans and catch up on the blog.. Our trailer & truck are parked in front of our friends house. We will be here until Monday then head to AZ where we will put our trailer in storage in Pebblecreek. We have a pickleball social to go to on Wed. then will head back to Ca. by the end of the week.

Len's sister Delilah and Jen ended up at the same area by Little America that A&M and Len & I stayed at. They were at the KOA 20 minutes away. Len talked to them Thurs. evening and they were in Park City, Ut heading back to Sparks, NV.

No comments: