Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Catching Up.. July 9,2008


Above is a picture of our home on wheels The Contessa.

I started the blog on the 1st of July, I need to get in the habit of posting something daily or at least every few days. Once we are traveling, I am sure it will be easy. Who wants to hear about dental surgery and how hot it is in Amador county because that is about all that has been going on. We are going to see American Idol tonight in Sacramento, so that is exciting.

The fires in Northern Calif. are affecting us with smoke, on top of the temps being 108 to 110 it is not very pleasant around here. Ed and I talked of maybe driving to the coast this weekend, would be nice to see blue sky and fresh air.

Our next trip planned in July 21st through the 25th as Sugar Barge on the Delta. Looking forward to getting back out and using that RV even if the fuel prices are outrageous. We have talked about how that is going to effect our trips, we just have to plan a bit better, putting off is really not the answer as life is short and if we can do it, DO IT! We will be traveling with a group on this trip and the activities and outings are in the planning stages.

Our trip after that will be to Mt. Rushmore, I have been reading Ellie's and Karon's blog about the adventures back there and so looking forward to it!

I better get some domestic chores done before it really gets hot.. cheers to another entry in my journey!

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Maureen - I found you! I don't know about you but I am glad to find out I am not a complete dummy and was able to figure this out!

Okay - now to figure out how to list my favorite blogs like you have listed.

Phyllis

Karon said...

Maureen,

The blog is great! Your motorhome is beautiful....I know you are looking forward to putting it to good use.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures.
Hugs, K