Monday, July 14, 2008

A Nice Weekend July 14, 2008

Been a few days since I wrote, however I did not have an Internet connection for several days. Since my last postings, Ed and I along with my daughter and hubby, went to see American Idol concert on tour. I do follow the show every season and amazed at the talent that come from that show. As usual the show was great. All of the contestants have improved so much even from the finale, well with one exception Jason; he just acts like he does not care...

With all the smoke and 105+ temps in Amador county Ed and I decided to go to Santa Cruz Beach for the weekend. I was able to get a room on a Friday night and only two blocks from the beach. The weather was a bit cooler than we anticipated but I thought refreshing from all the heat and smoke. Ed has never been to Santa Cruz Beach and the Boardwalk so was quite an experience.
http://www.beachboardwalk.com/ Santa Cruz still has some of the 60’d hippie experience and takes you back in time. We drove down the Monterey Coast and visited several State Beaches.




Today we drove up to the San Francisco area to attend a funeral of one of my older cousins. I was able to meet and visit with many family members that I have not seen for a long time. I come from a huge family of Aunts, Uncles and cousins and over the years we seem to drift away. We reminisced, laughed, cried and made commitments to stay in touch. I so hope we do, life is short and to miss out on family is a sad thing. I have one cousin Sylvia, who is so dear to me, she helped raise me as my mom was ill often in my childhood. One of the other cousins referred to her as the “HUB” of the family. The one that keeps track of us all, and for that I will always be grateful and love her.

Over the weekend, one of the gals on my WW board, husband lost his battle with cancer. Although I have never met this couple, the friendship on this message board is amazing. My heart goes out to her and her family, I think she is a strong woman and will go on and stay strong for her family.

We will be leaving on a RV trip a week from today, and I am so looking forward to that trip. We will be spending five days on the Delta with our traveling group. Better get out and get that rig cleaned and packed!!! Until tomorrow………….

No comments: